Tuesday, April 13, 2010

London

So after 2 days of sitting around Sharyn's and Patrick's flat, feeling miserable, I thought it was time I do my first post.

On Saturday we ventured out early to join the crowds at the Portobello Markets. Maybe I should be thankful I have this dreaded cold, as I'm sure I could have eaten myself sick with the variety of good food. 1st stop an apple strudel for Ben and for me, crepes with sugar and lemon (for my throat). After what felt like hours wondering through the interesting stalls we walked away with a picnic lunch, which we enjoyed in Sharyn’s and Patrick’s garden.


portobello markets


houses in holland park


lunch in sharyn and patrick's garden

Since then we haven’t done much at all, so I've included a few other photos of the past week:


british museum - getting ready for greece and egypt


our 1st pub lunch


trafalgar square, outside the national gallery


somewhere opposite hyde park


On the way to hamstead heath


view from st pauls


london in bloom


portobello road, after the crowds have gone


monmouth coffee at the borough markets


mmmmmm toasted cheese sandwich stand, borough markets


millennium bridge/st pauls


home sweet home - thanks sharyn and patrick!
or in ben's case - the office


No comments:

Post a Comment