Friday, July 2, 2010

KL

First night back in Malaysia I leave Ben at our luxury hotel and head over to Dina’s for dinner. I watch as she gets henna applied for her wedding and I also finally get to see her brothers and sisters whom I haven’t seen since 1997.

Dina and having henna applied

Ben and the hotel fish

The following day Ben, Greta (who’s come all the way from Belgium) and I head into town and tour the city. Friday, the day of Dina’s ceremony, Greta and I decide to explore KL further with the Hop on Hop Off bus. It was a great day for Greta and I, but not so much for Ben – who was a bit panicked when we showed up 2 hours late with a wedding to go to in 10 minutes!

Two things Ben learnt that day:

1. Don’t let Chelle leave without a phone.

2. Don’t leave it up to two old friends who haven’t seen each other in 4 years to remember to watch the time.

Myself with Greta at Petaling Street markets

Greta at the bird park

dina and I saying our final goodbyes
(until she visits Australia)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you have updated the blog. Lovely to see the wedding photos!

    ReplyDelete